We’re coming to camp! Now What?
No matter what time of year, the summer always seems to be just around the corner. Whether your camper is heading to Lake Gloria or the Que we want you to be ready. This page will hopefully serve to prepare parents for camp and make your experience with SB2W as good as your camper’s. Check out our Digital Camper Information Booklet which has loads of information helpful for you and your camper.
Click on the icon to read it now.>>>
- Pay tuition balance by April 1st. If you are a current camp family, you should have received an email that included a Financial Information Sheet notifying you of your family balance due. Check your Inbox or Junk mail if you missed it. To pay the balance indicated on your Financial Information Sheet, mail us a check (payable to “SB2W”) or if paying via credit card, go to the Tuition Payment Form. Call (814-629-9744) or email our office if you have any questions.
- Submit camper health and waiver forms. Each of your campers attending camp will need a completed health and waiver form. This process is fully completed online – you will be receiving an email later this spring with unique login information for your family and detailed instructions on how to submit these forms on time. For us to best prepare to care for campers, health forms must be filled out through your online portal and completed at least one week prior to the start of your camp term. SB2W will require that these online forms are submitted before a camper will be able to attend camp.
- Pre-order camp clothing. – CLOSED– If you desire you may choose to pre-order camp clothing ahead of the summer to ensure availability of our most popular items. Our camp store will not be open on Opening Day of each term this summer, and will only be open a limited number of times for campers throughout the term. You can pre-order camp clothing right here on our website through our Pre-Camp Clothing Order Store. You will also be able to deposit money into your camper’s store account with this form. Items ordered by May 15th will be set aside for your camper’s arrival.
- Deposit money into your camper’s personal store account. We suggest between $20 – $30 be deposited in each camper’s store account for personal expenses such as toiletries, stationery, stamps, camera supplies, camp clothing, etc. It will be assumed that the amount in the Personal Account is the limit on spending. You can deposit money into their store accounts ahead of time, or during the camper’s term via credit card directly using the Camp Store Deposit Form.
- Pack your bags. To help your kids do this we have put together a robust Packing List that can be found in the Camper Information Packet at the top of this page. Alternatively, Click here to print this checklist so your camper doesn’t forget any items. The camp store doesn’t stock everything!
Now you are ready for camp. Time to hit the road. Click here if you need Directions
Welcome to Camp
On the first day of your term, families will move their camper into cabins during an assigned time of arrival – that assigned time window will be emailed to you 1 week before your arrival, and will be somewhere between 2 and 5 PM. Please let us know if you need to arrive after 5 for any reason. As you pull through the camp gates, the Captains will greet you to let you know your cabin assignment*, and members of our Leadership Team will collect your camp pre-screening materials which includes:
- Confirmation of your completed Online Health Form and Waiver
- Prescreening Form (available later)
Remember, we will not be able to permit entrance to campers who do not submit those materials upon arrival.
From there you may head straight to your cabin. Counselors will help you move in and get settled, and there should be no need to go to the office as the Camp Store will be closed (use our Pre-Camp Clothing Order form to get merchandise ahead of time). If you have any questions please ask a counselor or one of our Leadership members who will be in the cabin area. If your camper has any medications, please stop by the Health Clinic to drop them off.
There will be activities open for campers once they are moved into their cabin, however, in order to safely and efficiently serve all families, we encourage parents to depart from camp once their camper is settled, so the next window of arrivals have time and space to check in.
*Cabin assignments are not available before opening day. Cabin assignments are made based on age in order to better facilitate all of the programs, competitions, and activities at camp. We do our best to honor cabin-mate preferences when campers are close in age, but there are occasions when meeting every request just isn’t possible. Please let us know ahead of time if you have a specific cabin mate preference.
Everyone loves getting mail at camp! If you’d like to write your favorite camper or counselor, just put their name and cabin number on the top of camp’s address.
We encourage you to send your personal letters rather than packages. Letters are more significant as they give a unique opportunity to encourage and connect. Share positive news about what’s going on outside of camp’s gates. You can also send your camper with pre-addressed envelopes in hopes of receiving more regular correspondence.
In case of An Emergency parents will be notified immediately. The office is staffed from 9 am to 5 pm, and messages are checked regularly in the evenings.
Lake Gloria phone – 814-629-9744, fax – 814-629-9057
Que phone – 814-629-1303
There are some new details surrounding Closing Day you don’t want to miss!
Closing Day festivities will begin at 10:30 AM on the last day of camp near the Flag and Dining Hall. We’d love for you to participate in dining hall singing, discover the winning team, and enjoy the awards ceremonies with us.
You may arrive anytime after 10 AM on closing day. Your campers will be eating brunch, but you can pick up their belongings — located either on their bunk or labeled outside of their cabin. After you load their gear, please follow the lead of our staff to park your car. Remember to quickly stop by the health clinic to get your camper’s meds. Also, be sure to look over the “Lost and Found” items.
Closing Ceremonies will begin at 10:45 AM and give us the opportunity to celebrate the accomplishments, attitudes, and efforts of every camper. Closing ceremonies will wrap up by 12:30 AM.
- The Camp Store will not be open on Closing Day this year, so be sure to use our Pre-Camp Clothing Order Form to do your shopping ahead of time.
- Camper medication needs to be picked up from the Hugs and Health Clinic before departure.
- Please take some time to look through the Lost and Found to make sure your camper doesn’t leave behind any items.