That all who come would grow an authentic
relationship with Jesus Christ and be committed
to living transformed lives wherever they go.
What We Value Most at SB2W:
We believe that Christ’s Great Commission means for us: lives dedicated to making “disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything [Christ] commanded.” This includes proclaiming the Gospel in Word and Deed.
– Matthew 28:19-20, Mark 16:15, I Corinthians 15:1-4 –
We desire to see campers trained in all areas of their faith: an understanding and practice of God’s Word, genuine practice of Spiritual disciplines, the development of a Godly character, and understanding of God’s grace.
– 2 Timothy 2:2, 4:2, I Timothy 4:8 –
We are committed to developing the whole person: socially, emotionally, physically, intellectually, and spiritually as a part of God’s plan for abundant life. – Luke 2:52 –
We believe that every aspect of our ministry and daily life should be done with purpose.
We believe every area of camp should be accomplishing our vision and in every circumstance
we should make the most of every opportunity, using our God-given gifts for His glory.
– Colossians 4:5-6 –
Competition is a key part of the SB2W program:
1. We believe all of life, every moment, is an opportunity to worship God. The athletic field, therefore, is a place of worship.
2. We believe competition is a microcosm of life. It imitates the emotions of life, involves intensely interpersonal interaction, and reflects culture.
3. We believe the intensity of competition heightens temptation towards sinful thoughts and actions.
4. We believe sport and competition can be used as a means to coach the heart of an athlete growing them in holiness and godliness.
5. We are concerned primarily at camp with the identity, purpose, character, and spiritual growth of the athlete during competition.